Permanent position: Top ranked construction firm seeking highly motivated Preconstruction Engineers in the Charlotte, NC area. The Preconstruction Engineers are part of a team that is highly involved in all activities leading up to the construction phase of projects including estimating, bidding, subcontractor selection, working with architects and engineers, etc. Additional responsibilities as detailed below. Qualified candidates will have a Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management (preferred) or related discipline and 2-5 years of experience working on commercial construction projects and an interest in working in preconstruction. Salary will be commensurate with experience.Responsibilities for the Construction Engineer
Requirements for the Construction Engineer
- Ability to read and understand Construction Design Documents and Specifications.
- Onsite coordination and management of trade staff.
- Management of cost and design issues (change orders, RFI's, document updates, etc.).
- Ability to perform construction cost estimates and quantity surveys for various scopes of work, overall trade management and coordination, and some level of exposure to BIM.
- Responsible for all purchasing, scope coordination, proposal evaluation, trade negotiations and contracting.
- BS in Construction Management (preferred) or related construction degree
- 2-5 years of commercial construction experience (airport, data center, office building, retail, mixed-use, multi-family) in a preconstruction, construction management or estimating role.
- Cultural fit is a requirement for this position. Candidates will be evaluated on attributes such as Integrity/Trust/Respect, Ownership, Performance/Accountability, Commitment & Selflessness, Leading by Example/Teacher, Communication, Professionalism/Addressing Conflict, and Change
- Experience with tracking, estimating and scheduling software
- Medical, PTO, 401k, World Class Training Programs
- Relocation Assistance required for non-local candidates
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.