Permanent position: Senior Manufacturing Engineer - Powertrain / Engine Installation needed for leading manufacturing company in Racine County. This position is a non supervisory Engineering technical leadership role. This person will provide specialty research and development, engineering analysis, system simulation, and performance enhancement in strategic powertrain technology areas. Will be solving performance and durability analysis problems, and provide design insights and leadership to the Power Systems team on a project basis.Responsibilities for the Mechanical Engineer
Requirements for the Mechanical Engineer
- Must understand how a Selective catalytic reduction (SCR) system works.Understand the difference between SCR and Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF).Relationship between RPM's and torque.The ability to calculate power.Diesel Engine Design and components.
- Design / Develop the integration of engines, cooling system and aftermarket devices for application in the Ag or construction equipment industry.
- Conduct and or participate in FEA and CFD analysis of the engine installation, cooling systems, after treatment systems and any auxiliary systems.
- Lead design reviews for engine and related systems during the development process to ensure designs meet requirements, are cost effective, manufacturable and meet quality targets.
- Participate in prototype builds, vehicle validation, and field testing both domestically and abroad.
- Orchestrate and participate in quality driven initiatives such as APQP or Six Sigma for engine cooling and aftermarket systems.
- 5 plus years of experience in design and manufacturing of drive line systems, such as engines, transmissions, drive shafts, differentials and the final drive of off highway vehicles (including agriculture, construction, and mining machinery)
- Bachelors degree (four year college or technical school required) in Mechanical, Industrial, Ag Engineering or related study. Masters Degree preferred in Engineering.
- Competent in CAD software, i.e. CREO, Pro-E, AutoCAD, NX required CFD and FEA a plus.
- Possess a strong mechanical knowledge of vehicles, trucks, mobile equipment, and related systems. Knowledgeable in the design of the engine systems, including chassis integration.
- Competitive benefits and full relocation
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.