Permanent position: Randstad is seeking a self-driven, creative, scientifically curious R & D Engineer - Wood Products. Effectively interface with a development team including local operations and internationally. Entry Level candidates encouraged to apply, Relocation would be provided for the right candidate.Responsibilities for the R&D Engineer
Requirements for the R&D Engineer
- Collaborate on the creation of wood designs, share data, discuss most effective process, and compare/contrast proposed new design with competitors' products.
- - Design new wood related products validating conformity with specifications. Insure robustness of new products through field tests representing real future usage.
- Propose new designs based on mechanical resistance needs and dimensional stability in various environmental conditions.
- Characterize the product with testing equipment locally and with external partners.
- Simplify technical data in order to communicate adequately to marketing teams.
- - Presentation of projects during Project Committee and Technical Validation Committee monthly meetings.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or equivalent education and experience.
- Knowledge of finite elements, calculation & simulation, part design with tools such as Solidworks
- Project management skills/experience.
- Knowledge of wood product manufacturing processes, prefered.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.