Contract position: Quality Engineer needed for a amazing opportunity in the West Valley, NY area with a high growth company. The Quality Engineer would be working on a high priority project for the company by helping coordinate shipments of waste to disposal sites. Apply now for immediate consideration!Responsibilities for the Quality Assurance Engineer
Requirements for the Quality Assurance Engineer
- Function as a QA/QC Engineer Low Level Waste (LLW) and Mixed Low Level Waste (MLLW) for shipments to offsite disposal sites, including the NNSS (Nevada),
- Serve as the Waste Certification Official (WCO)/ Alternate Waste Certification Official (AWCO) for Nevada waste shipments
- Implementation of WVDP-111, WVDP Quality Assurance Programrequirements for self-assessments and internal and external assessments and audits
- Review of procurement and software requests, and work control documents
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in implementing QA /QC principles with auditor qualification.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience working in a DOE facility
- Minimum of ten (10) years of experience in environmental regulations or closely related field.
- Knowledge of regulatory agencies, laws, and compliance documents
- Knowledge of hazardous waste safety requirements.
- Demonstrable practical working knowledge of waste management and quality assurance principles.
- Experience in supporting day-to -day activities in a changing environment relative to safety and production goals.
- Industry leading contractor benefits! Apply now!
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.