Contract position: NX Designer needed for immediate opportunity in the Watertown, CT area. Looking for a motivated individual to with expertise in the automotive or transportation industry to join a team of engineering professionals. The right person will create CAD solid models in NX and assemblies to achieve target goals and objectives and also interface with Customer / Supplier engineers and designers to resolve any design related issues. This person must have a minimum of an Associate's Degree, 3 years proficiency in NX CAD and Team-center. This is a great opportunity for the right person. Aplly now!Responsibilities for the Designer
Requirements for the Designer
- Create CAD solid models and assemblies
- Generate all detailed component and assembly drawings, as well as bills of materials.
- Provide design support from concept to production
- Create file conversions as required from CAD data, i.e. iges, dxf, stl, and pdf formats
- Interface with Customer / Supplier engineers and designers
- Transfer of math data to customers, suppliers, etc.. via Sincplicity, TeamCenter, or other means
- Must have a minimum of an Associate's Degree, 3 years proficiency in NX CAD and Team-center
- ASME Drafting Std. Y14.100 (Most current version or one version prior.)
- Self-motivated, strong work ethic with the ability to work as part of a team in a project oriented environment
- Proficient in dimensional stack up and interference checks
- Proficient with Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing, per ANSI/ASME Y14.5M (Most current version or one version prior.)
- Experience dealing in a professional manner with Customers, suppliers
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.