Permanent position: A prominent manufacturer of automation and motion control products in the Minneapolis area is seeking a Product Engineer. The role will be responsible to develops detailed product designs, drawings and related specifications of mechanical products. The position will report directly to the Director of Engineering, and will be a high visibility role within the company. This is a full time, direct-hire position with full company benefits and 401K match. Responsibilities for the Product Engineer
Requirements for the Product Engineer
- Analyzes engineering specifications, performance requirements, and related data and drawings to determine feasibility of application, product type, and design that is within the scope that the company can manufacture
- Uses computer assisted design/drafting software to develop designs, detail drawings, and 3-D models. Drafts detailed multi-view drawings of products and manufactured components. Updates existing drawings to ensure compliance with current requirements.
- Modifies product and component designs to correct operating deficiencies or to reduce production costs and/or problems, or to satisfy customers' special requirements
- Works with vendors, Production, and Quality Control to ensure compliance with design specifications.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering plus five years of experience; or, Associate degree plus eight years of experience; or, 15 years related experience and/or training
- Strong background in Statics & Strength of Materials
- Mechanical Engineering and Design experience of power transmission components
- Strong CAD drafting skills. Autocad or Inventor training/experience preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.