Contract position: Engineering client involved in Oil & Gas transmission & distribution (T&D) construction projects is looking for a Assistant Pipeline Drafter/Designer for position in Chicago IL. You need 2-7 years of drafting experience in any discipline, but ideally some experience working on oil & gas T&D pipeline projects. Responsibilities for the Drafter
Requirements for the Drafter
- Autodesk Civil 3D is a plus but not required
- Assist with design & development of new oil & gas transmission and distribution pipeline construction drawings, revising existing drawings, and preparing drawings of packages
- Complete alignment sheets, plats and permit drawings related to these pipeline construction projects
- Prepares non-routine drawings with complex features using information from rough sketches, detailed engineering notes or brief verbal guidance
- Use AutoCAD 3D most of the time to draft & design these pipeline projects
- 2-7 years of experience as a Drafter or Designer, ideally with experience supporting oil & gas T&D pipeline construction projects
- You must be proficient with AutoCAD 2014 design software
- Any experience with MicroStation or AutoCAD Civil 3D is considered a big PLUS
- Familiar with pipeline design aspects for construction methods of open-cut trench, auger bore, and horizontal directional drilling (HDD) is a big PLUS
- Experience completing alignment sheets, plats and permit drawings related to these pipeline construction projects is a big PLUS
- Our client prefers candidates that have an AS Degree in drafting technology or related field OR went to a technical high school where you learned AutoCAD
- PTO Program
- Health Insurance available, and more...
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.