Permanent position: Nationally recognized AEC firm in Lexington, KY is seeking a Mechanical Engineer with experience in the design of public buildings and infrastructure. This position will focus on public sector projects including but not limited to commercial buildings, recreation parks and centers.Responsibilities for the Design Engineer
Requirements for the Design Engineer
- Provide the design of HVAC, mechanical Systems and Plumbing for small public sector projects of up to 20,000 square feet
- Collaborate with architects and sub-consultants to ensure a well-coordinated project.
- Conduct on-site construction visits and generate field reports.
- Degree in mechanical engineering or electrical engineering, and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Candidate should have minimum 3 years' experience in similar design services
- E.I.T. certification is highly preferred: PE would be a PLUS; willingness to pursue PE certification is needed
- Ability to travel to project sites and meetings, including overnight as necessary
- Strong comprehensive benefits package; LT and ST disability, Life and AD&D insurance
- Discounted gym membership available.
- 401K with company match
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.