Contract position: A Structural Engineer is needed for an engineering consulting company in the Long Beach, CA area. This position will independently evaluate, select, and apply standard techniques, procedures, and criteria to perform tasks or a sequence of tasks as part of a broader assignment with few complex features. No per diem available. Responsibilities for the Structural Engineer
Requirements for the Structural Engineer
- Devises new approaches or adapts existing techniques to problems encountered.
- Performs engineering design tasks independently.Takes responsibility for preparation of project documents/deliverables including drawings and calculations.
- Reviews and edits specifications. Identifies engineering design problems and formulates solutions.
- Provides technical assistance and coordinates with other project disciplines as assigned.
- BS Civil Engineering with Structural Emphasis required. MS Structural Engineering preferred.
- 6+ years relevant structural engineering experience in the power, petrochemical, heavy industrial, chemical plants or material handling industry.
- Familiarity with ASCE 7, AISC 360, ACI 318, IBC. Familiarity with standard engineering analysis and design software including Staad, RAM connection, AutoCAD, Navisworks, LPile and SP Column.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.