Contract position: A Corning Controls Technician for a manufacturing company considered one of the world's leading innovators in materials science is needed in the Newton, NC area. This position will integrate field devices for flow control, material handling and metering, motion control, temperature control, and associated safety systems. No per diem is available. 5% travel is required.Responsibilities for the Controls Technician
Requirements for the Controls Technician
- Provide controls and instrumentation skill & knowledge to the install, debug, and operation of various equipment/control interfaces.
- Work closely with controls engineers to implement control sequence logic (both time-based and event-based), fail-safe states, and process /equipment recovery sequences.
- Drive the deployment of defined control architectures, control system standards, and system integration that will satisfy process and manufacturing requirements.
- Associate's degree in an Electrical or Controls discipline. Must have at least 5 years of equipment/controls experience.
- Understanding of electrical design practices, machine / motion control systems, electro-mechanical systems, robotics, programming, and system integration.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.