Permanent position: Immediate job opportunity for a manufacturer located outside of Columbia, SC that is seeking a Sr. Manufacturing Engineer. Performs a complexity of duties to include planning, evaluating, designing, developing and adapting tools, machines, mechanically functioning equipment and mechanical industrial processes for the purpose of increasing productivity, enhancing quality and reducing manufacturing costs. Works closely with other engineers, manufacturing personnel and Quality Assurance to achieve optimum manufacturing objectives.Responsibilities for the Manufacturing Engineer Manager
Requirements for the Manufacturing Engineer Manager
- Initiates appropriation requests (PAR's) for major projects. Establishes systems for control of project progress, time schedules and costs. In conjunction with Accounting, prepares PAR post completion audits.
- Establishes engineering and equipment standards for efficient application of resources and maintains records and files.
- Initiates cost reduction proposals and investigates proposals from other sources. Compiles appropriate information, makes recommendations for action, implements (if appropriate) and checks on results obtained.
- Directs and/or oversees cost reduction and product/process improvement projects as assigned.
- Handles special assignments such as directing production planning, providing technical support, processing and quoting new products and/or prototypes.
- BS degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field.
- Must have ten (10) years experience in bearing manufacturing or in related/equivalent manufacturing arena (grinding, turning, cutting, millingNC/CNC machinery (and programming languages), and CAD/CAM.
- Company provides comprehensive benefits, medical, dental, pto, 401k
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.