Permanent position: Industrial equipment manufacturer in the York, PA area is currently hiring for an Field Engineer / Field Service Engineer with an automation and PLC debugging / modifying background. This person will be part of the start-up, commission and installations of capital equipment, ideally being able to lead 3-5 contractors on the equipment installs and doing the electrical and PLC troubleshooting on-site. Responsibilities for the Field Service Engineer
Requirements for the Field Service Engineer
- Start-up, commissioning, leading installs and doing the electrical and PLC troubleshooting of capital equipment, conveyors, processing equipment etc..
- Working with the lead mechanical Field Engineering and the client during the start-ups.
- Working with the EE department on the executing of designs in the field.
- BS or AS Degree preferably. (specifically relevant experience will be highly considered)
- 5+ years experience with capital equipment.
- PLC debugging, troubleshooting and modifying of code.
- 50% travel (1-2 week trips about once a month)
- Company benefits, PTO / Vacation, Holidays, 401k
- Overtime at time and 1/2 and field pay differential.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.