Contract position: Supply Chain Packaging Specialist opportunity with a manufacturing client located approximately 30 minutes South of the Birmingham, AL area. This position will be responsible to coordinate, monitor, track, project manage and report activities related to packaging and container flow. Responsibilities for the Specialist
Requirements for the Specialist
- Monitor, control, and manage packaging movements and container inventory levels along the complete supply chain for all NAFTA suppliers
- Ensure the correct quantities of containers at the right time and place
- Track container balances in the system and create summary reports per supplier and container
- Identify discrepancies and then communicate and coordinate the issue resolution with all involved parties
- Assist in resolving systemic issues such as bottlenecks, unbalanced supply chains, etc.
- Other duties as typical for this role and assigned
- Bachelors Degree in Business Administration, Operations Management, Supply Chain Management or a related field and/or the equivalent combination of education and/or experience
- Approximately 3 or more years experience in logistics, operations, or finance with an automotive OEM or Supplier
- Demonstrated experience in project planning, monitoring and implementation in logistics, finance or a closely related field
- Logistics or similar certification is a plus
- Ability to audit and setup of management systems with an ISO 9000 and/or IATF 16949 environment
- Proficient in MS Office, Excel, Word, Access, and MS Project
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.