Permanent position: Buyer located in Canton, GA for a leading manufacturer of processing equipment used in a variety of industries. This role is responsible to create Purchase Orders, with the approved vendor and pricing, that aligns to the material volume, project budget and timeline. To be considered - Associates degree in a related field (Purchasing is preferred) with at least two (2) years of buying experience within a manufacturing/mechanical/production environment. This is a direct hire opportunity and relocation assistance is available. APPLY NOW!Responsibilities for the Buyer
Requirements for the Buyer
- Creates Purchase Orders, with the approved vendor and pricing, that aligns to the material volume, project budget and timeline.
- Manages suppliers to ensure quality material is received to meet the production and after sales orders.
- Handles and creates RFQ packages for new products
- Validates and expedites purchases ongoing to ensure purchased items are received to meet special orders.
- Work with quality department in order to get resolution on any product(s) out of specifications.
- Associate's in Purchasing, Computer Science, or a related background
- Must have at least two (2) years of buying experience within a manufacturing/mechanical/production environment
- Ability to read/understand blueprints and other machine specifications
- Strong negotiation skills
- ERP experience would be preferred
- Full benefits plan
- Relocation assistance
- PTO / Vacation plan
- Growth opportunity
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.