Permanent position: Process Controls Engineer needed in Charlotte, NC. Strong automotive client is seeking an experienced Process Controls Engineer. Must have experience as a Controls Engineer and experience working with process improvements/reducing scrap. Seeking 10 + years of experience ideally out of the automotive industry. Must have at least an Associates degree related or similar to electrical engineering. Responsibilities for the Process Control Engineer
Requirements for the Process Control Engineer
- Designs Fixtures; works with Auto CAD.
- Documents set up sheets and maintains accuracy as changes or improvements are made.
- Troubleshooting day to day machining issues.
- Makes programming changes on automated equipment to improve uptime, improve recovery,reduce scrap, increase throughput.
- Maintains and improves existing equipment.
- Troubleshoots equipment problems.
- Works with production supervisors, engineers and technicians responsible for supporting thehub assembly and rotor assembly areas.
- Provides electrical and PLC controls technical support for automated equipment in assemblyarea. Supports company goals in terms of reducing scrap and improving productivity.
- Working with various robotics
- 4 year Degree in an Electrical Discipline or 2 year Degree in an Electrical Discipline and 10 + years' experience in a highly automated manufacturing environment.
- Strong PLC design,programming and troubleshooting experience
- Automotive industry is highly desired
- Experience with process improvement/reducing scrap
- Robotics experience
- Full benefits, vacation/PTO, lump sum relocation assistance ($2 K- $5 K) and a competitive salary ($80 K -$110 K ) + bonus
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.