Permanent position: A well-respected international customer has immediate need for a Process Engineer with distillation simulation experience with non-ideal systems (Azeotropic distillation). Position will require some travel (15-20%), some may be for extended periods during plant start-ups. Relocation assistance will be provided and for the right candidate, there is the ability to work in their office in the Houston area, or remotely from home.Responsibilities for the Process Engineer
Requirements for the Process Engineer
- Collects/screens physical property, vapor/liquid equilibrium and plant operating data required to complete process designs. Develops conceptual process designs including PFDs and Heat & Mass Balances.
- Interprets results of pilot test studies and/or operating data from commercial/industrial plants, and conducting process design of key equipment (columns, vessels, heat exchangers, pumps etc).
- Participates in Process Hazard Analysis/HAZOP studies and prepares Commissioning/Start-Up Plans.
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemical Engineering, Master's Degree in Chemical Engineering would be a plus
- At least 5 years of direct relevant experience in the design and start-up or operation of innovative distillation equipment and systems
- Full benefits package including health insurance, PTO etc
- Relocation assistance will be provided for the right candidate
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.