Permanent position: A well-respected international customer has immediate need for a Application Engineer with distillation simulation experience with non-ideal systems (Azeotropic distillation). Position will require some travel (15-20%), some may be for extended periods during plant start-ups. Relocation assistance will be provided and for the right candidate, there is the ability to work in their office in the Houston area, or remotely from home.Responsibilities for the Application Engineer
Requirements for the Application Engineer
- Screens customer's inquiries to ensure they are in line with company's capabilities, and contain all information required to submit a quotation. Liaises with sales/customers to obtain any missing information.
- Registers customer inquiries in the company's quotation tool/database (Sulprice), and keeps the inquiring data/status up to date.
- Conducts basic process design for standard/straightforward process applications, including: Computer simulations, PFD and Heat and Material Balance and Preliminary P&ID.
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemical Engineering, Master's Degree in Chemical Engineering would be a plus
- Extensive experience preparing basic and detailed engineering design documentation , technical and commercial proposals and cost estimates
- At least 5 years of direct relevant experience in the design and start-up or operation of innovative distillation equipment and systems
- Full benefits package including health insurance, PTO etc
- Relocation assistance will be provided for the right candidate
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.