Permanent position: Transmission Substation Operator needed in Delaware - well established power generation and delivery service company is seeking an experienced Transmission Substation Operations and Maintenance Operator for a direct hire career opportunity in Delaware. Candidate will be responsible for field operations at a newly constructed transmission substation facility within the PJM Interconnection. Responsibilities for the Operator
Requirements for the Operator
- Candidate will be responsible for field operations at a newly constructed transmission substation facility within the PJM Interconnection.
- Direct and indirect supervision of various craft laborers to include linemen, journeymen, construction contractors and vegetation management service providers
- Perform routine substation and transmission line equipment inspections
- Maintain accurate records including test results, drawings and maintenance documentation for associated equipment and devices
- Requires frequent local travel, some overnight trips and subject to 24‐hour, on‐call duty rotations
- Completion of a technical or vocational training program as a substation or relay technician
- 5 + years of relevant experience with an electrical utility or testing services contractor
- Knowledge and understanding of maintenance work involving substation equipment including transformers, circuit breakers and switches
- Must have a basic understanding of protective relaying, communication, metering, and SCADA systems
- Should be familiar with specialized technical software and test equipment utilized for substation maintenance activities
- Company paid benefits 100%
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.