Permanent position: Our client is looking for a Product Development Engineer for their facility near Peoria, IL. The Product Development Engineer will manage the design, development, and testing of new products. This includes new product line development and aftermarket projects. This is a direct hire position, relocation is available, and can start immediately.Responsibilities for the Product Design Engineer
Requirements for the Product Design Engineer
- Work directly with the sales team on the custom application and design of new products.
- Develop new products that are innovative, reliable, and cost effective.
- Direct involvement during all phases of assigned product development to assure all design objectives are met.
- Provide Engineering support to the Technical Support and Field Service Teams.
- Assure product compliance with applicable codes and standards.
- Evaluate Supplier capabilities and help develop sourcing options for the purchasing team.
- Review product designs and initiate proposals to improve function and reduce cost.
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering (preferably Mechanical)
- 5+ years in design of heavy equipment.
- Experience in design of drive train systems.
- Understanding of hydraulic and electrical controls.
- Working knowledge of 3D CAD software (Unigraphics/NX preferred).
- Willingness to travel (domestic and international).
- Group Health, Dental, Vision, Life, 401K, PTO.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.