Permanent position: Automation & Controls Engineer: Fortune 200 steel producer - greenfield plant under construction. The role of the Automation & Controls Lv2-3 is primarily two fold. First, to be a great team member who demonstrates high levels of ownership in everything they do. Second is to ensure the success of the team by SAFELY commissioning, maintaining, troubleshooting, and improving the automation, control, & business systems utilized to operate our new mill. RELOCATION PROVIDED. Responsibilities for the Controls Engineer
Requirements for the Controls Engineer
- This position will focus on the level of automation that provides process control, analytics, reporting, and interfaces with the business system.
- Successful candidates will be expected to work with the Operations, Maintenance, and Finance teams to propose and implement solutions to challenges in the steel making process and business.
- 2 or 4 year Electrical Engineering or Computer Science degree or equivalent work experience
- 2 years of experience with industrial process control system including DCS, PLC and SCADA based systems
- Preferred Qualifications listed below:
- Demonstrated ability to work within a team
- Demonstrated ability to work safely
- Proficient in database programming languages
- Proficiency with PLC, DCS, & SCADA process control systems (Hardware & Software)
- Proficiency with data analysis tools & Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint,
- PLC(Siemens preferred not required) ladder and block programming & troubleshooting experience
- PLC communication protocol's: Profinet, Profibus, Ethernet IP, Modbus experience
- Human Machine Interface (HMI) such as WonderWare or WinCC experience
- Excellent benefits
- Relocation assistance
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.