Permanent position: We have an immediate opening for a Electrical Engineer working in our development department, in the New Castle, DE area. We are looking to grow our team while planning for upcoming retirements in the next 2-3 years. This person should be a sharp, well educated candidate, looking to work on challenging development problems and interested in being part of a very well run company that can offer unique mentoring opportunities. Responsibilities listed below can be taught. The main thing is finding a long-term person with the aptitude and potential to be a part of a R/D team producing scientific instrumentation. Responsibilities for the Electrical Engineer
Requirements for the Electrical Engineer
- Low Level Analog experience, thermocouples, RTD's, thermistors, high resolution A/D and D/A converters, amplifier design, filter design, transducer interfaces for nanometer scale position measurement.
- Microcontroller experience including USB, CAN, I2C and SPI communications protocols.
- Experience with schematic capture and board layout (Altium preferred). Controlled impedance signal routing, electromagnetic control in multilayer board design.
- Harness design for safety, EMC and signal integrity, PWM power drive experience, power supply regulators, linear, switching, isolating.
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering or related field, MS or PhD is a plus
- Minimum of 3-7 years of relevant experience in electrical engineering of instrumentation or closely related industry; We are willing to look at advanced degrees with less experience or more specifically qualified, high potential engineers with BS degrees.
- Should be highly knowledgeable and able to demonstrate one's application of engineering fundamentals, theories, concepts, and procedures used for the development of scientific instrumentation or similar products
- Full company benefits, 401k, PTO, holidays etc...
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.