Permanent position: Purchasing and Inventory Control Coordinator - Reporting to the Controller,the primary function of this Coordinator is to create and execute our raw material purchasing and inventory control strategy in order to maximize results. This also includes the creating and tracking of necessary metrics. Division of Fortune 200 Company. RELOCATION ASSISTANCE is being offered. Responsibilities for the Inventory Manager
Requirements for the Inventory Manager
- Responsibilities include ordering steel and other raw materials, managing the logistics ofthe raw material
- Working closely with suppliers to optimize the flow of goods, communicating withinternal departments regarding material shortages, substitutions, and aged inventory
- Negotiating contracts, and supporting other purchasing functions as needed.
- Degree preferred. High School diploma required
- Demonstrated ability to manage dynamic inventory requirements
- Proven ability to analyze data and use sound judgment to make strategic decisions andmaximize profitability
- Demonstrated leadership presence and courage, including the willingness to face adversityand conflict
- Proven negotiation skills
- Proven written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with ERP computer software, SAP preferrred
- APICS certification desired
- Full time role with excellent benefits
- Relo assistance offered
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.