Permanent position: A mobile equipment manufacturing facility in Montgomery, AL, is seeking a Mechanical Engineer II to assist with their growth. This Mechanical Engineer II will sustain engineering activities and new product development for domestic and international rail MoW (maintenance of way) projects. This Mechanical Engineer II will be responsible for DFMEA and PFMEA generation, the manufacturing and design of on-site equipment, and working with cross-functional teams. This Mechanical Engineer II position will travel internationally 10%-15% of the time. The ideal Mechanical Engineer II candidate will have 3+ years of formal design review experience, preferably with pneumatic and hydraulic systems along with mechatronics. The ideal Mechanical Engineer II candidate will have prior industry experience in railroad manufacturing, mobile equipment manufacturing or production, automotive, lawnmower manufacturing, oil/gas etc. A Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent is required. Our Client is offering relocation assistance for the right candidate.Responsibilities for the Mechanical Design Engineer
Requirements for the Mechanical Design Engineer
- DFMEA and PFMEA generation, including providing feedback to supervisors for risk mitigation.
- Design for Manufacture (DFM) knowledge of manufacturing to support on-site equipment utilization.
- Implement 5S and lean manufacturing/continuous improvement principles.
- Work in a cross-functional team environment to develop innovative manufacturing and design solutions for new products.
- Travel internationally 10%-15% of the time.
- BSME or equivalent.
- 3+ years of DFMEA and/or PFMEA generation experience, preferably in a mobile equipment design environment.
- Ability to work with multiple teams.
- Willingness to travel internationally 10%-15% of the time.
- Comprehensive healthcare.
- 401(k) with company match.
- Life insurance.
- Relocation package.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.