Permanent position: Our client is looking to add a Manufacturing Engineer for their facility in the Northwest Suburbs of Chicago, IL. This Manufacturing Engineer will be responsible for the development, administration and coordination of the manufacturing policies, processes, tool designs and practices. The Manufacturing Engineer's main focus will be improved operating performance, reduced waste and delays, improve quality, and otherwise promote cost improvement and process control for all of manufacturing. This is a direct hire opportunity, a minor relocation bonus is available and it can start immediately. Responsibilities for the Manufacturing Engineer
Requirements for the Manufacturing Engineer
- Design, specify, create internal manufacturing drawings and workflow to satisfy customer provided product requirements.
- Development of optimal forming progressions with focus on scrap reduction and process stability.
- Design and/or specify cold heading and roll forming tooling, equipment, process controls and optimal processes.
- Close shop floor support in resolving manufacturing tooling, equipment, material and/or process issues.
- Oversee tool room to ensure efficient daily operation and on time delivery of production and/or prototype tooling.
- Support quick first time product launch with production floor.
- Support Customer Service and Sales Teams in manufacturing feasibility review and development.
- Plans coordinates projects of major scope and importance.
- Provide manufacturing cost savings suggestions and implementation.
- Responsible for the technical implementation of lean manufacturing and safe manufacturing principles within your responsible areas.
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering required. A higher degree would be preferred.
- Must have 2+ years of progressive metal forming, rolling and tool design experience.
- ISO 9001:2008 or ISO 9001:2015 experience is required, additional experience with ISO 13485 & TS 16949 is beneficial.
- APQP and PPAP knowledge and understanding is required.
- Excellent computer skills in the following: MS-Office, Auto Cad, D-Form, ERP and SOLIDWORKS is a plus.
- Must be familiar with lean manufacturing principles and/or Six SIgma experience.
- Ability to analyze KPI Data, Report Results, Technical Publications and Standards, Process Improvement strategies, Inspection Methods, and Document Procedures.
- Must demonstrate in a previous role the ability to communicate effectively, strong organization skills, strong sense of urgency, energy, drive, enthusiasm and the willingness to collaborate within a team.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, PTO, Relo bonus.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.