Contract position: A Design Engineer is needed for a world leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives in either the Sanford, NC areas. This position will support the resolution of critical customer issues and new designs as part of new product development involving the engine installation on small construction equipment. No per diem available. 0-25% travel is anticipated. 1st shift: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM.Responsibilities for the Design Engineer
Requirements for the Design Engineer
- Plan and support the execution of validation of designs both in controlled settings and possibly with actual customer applications. Work with supply chain engineering and manufacturing to bring solutions to market in timely manner.
- Develop designs to meet customer requirements during new product development. Modify existing databases and database management systems or direct programmers and analysts to make changes.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering is required with at least 5 years relevant experience.
- Must be proficient in Creo/Pro-E, have a general understanding of machinery, construction equipment, engines/engine installation, and validation and instrumented testing methods.
- Health Insurance, and more...
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.