Permanent position: Privately held Casting and Plastic Injection Molding company located SW of Minneapolis, MN is currently in search for a Process Engineer to join their expanding facility. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5 years experience in Aluminum castings permanent mold processes. The Process Engineer must have knowledge of foundry operations, knowledge and experience with aluminum castings, experience designing, implementing and troubleshooting processes and machinery. Responsibilities for the Process Engineer
Requirements for the Process Engineer
- Recommends and implements improvements and/or modifications in process parameters, sequence of operations, and related matters
- Designs, implements and troubleshoots process improvements and machinery.
- Performs process engineering audits
- Converts current processes to more efficient ones to control manufacturing quality and costs
- Performs analysis regarding time elements and costs of manufacturing processes
- Instructs operators, lead persons and supervisors on how to effectively use foundry technology
- Provides the technical direction for development of customer products
- Modifies existing processes for improvement or for adaptation for a specific application
- Ensures that gating, risering, tooling, sand cores and other related equipment in the permanent mold foundry are taken care of in a proper manner
- Active leader in scrap reduction programs
- Knowledge of foundry operations (Permanent Mold preferred)
- Interpersonal skills to interact with all levels of management, staff and customers
- Intermediate word processing, spreadsheet, database and presentation software skills
- Blueprint reading skills
- Ability to prioritize work activities, use time efficiently and develop realistic work activities
- Ability to work with high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Company provided benefits, health, dental, vision, 401k match.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.