Permanent position: Mechanical Product Engineer needed at an established industry leading heavy equipment manufacturer located in Ludington, MI. This is a chance to join a top notch company with excellent career growth potential. Excellent relocation assistance for qualified candidates. Salary will commensurate with experience. APPLY NOW!Responsibilities for the Product Engineer
Requirements for the Product Engineer
- Design, document and support, standard and custom rail maintenance equipment and functional systems.
- Lead the creation of complex systems designs and integrate them into a cohesive vehicle architecture
- Perform engineering calculations, concept design, structural design and selection of critical components to meet customer needs and regulatory requirements on standard equipment, ETO equipment or in the development of our next generation of products or equipment (NPD).
- Responsible for supporting design and documenting of system level requirements and test plans
- Support system integration into the vehicle
- Manage technical documentation for production-ready 3D CAD models of sub-assemblies and mechanical components with 2D production prints
- Assist with design for Manufacturing and Assembly
- Assist with Continuous Improvement and Standardization
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering or Agricultural Engineering
- Minimum 5 years of heavy equipment product engineering experience
- Experience in machine design of heavy mobile equipment
- Experience with 3D CAD software; Solid Edge ideal
- Must have experience in low volume, high mix environments.
- Excellent relocation assistance for qualified candidates.
- Annual bonus
- Great benefit package
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.