Permanent position: A leading chemical company in Arkadelphia is seeking a Senior Mechanical Engineer to interface between customer technical support and the manufacturing processes. This Senior Mechanical Engineer will be performing design, analysis and development of thermal protection components and assemblies. The ideal Senior Mechanical Engineer candidate will have 7+ years of experience with PMA processes and FAA regulations, have previous experience with designing and analyzing thermal protection components, have CATIA experience, come from an aerospace background, and have the ability to indirectly manage a team. A BSME or equivalent is required. Our Client is offering relocation assistance for the right Senior Mechanical Engineer candidate.Responsibilities for the Senior Mechanical Engineer
Requirements for the Senior Mechanical Engineer
- Coordinate and participate in reverse engineering, design, release and certification of thermal protection mechanical components.
- Use knowledge of aircraft structure, materials and properties, design criteria, loading condition and processes, such as non-destructive testing, corrosion prevention, fatigue, etc.
- Create test plans, procedures, and test reports as part of the component development process and compliance to FAA PMA or DoD requirements.
- Support department objectives with regards to design requirements of NPD and current manufacturing processes by means of design, BOMs and Routings, analysis, coordination of work efforts and assigned tasks regarding the implementation of new programs into full manufacturing.
- Work with CATIA, MS Office and MRP systems daily.
- 7+ years of experience with PMA processes and FAA regulations.
- Previous experience designing, analyzing and developing aircraft thermal protection components and assemblies.
- CATIA experience.
- Ability to indirectly lead a team.
- BSME or equivalent.
- Comprehensive healthcare.
- 401k with company match.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Relocation assistance.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.