Contract position: Telecom construction firm is seeking a Construction Manager in the Phoenix, AZ area. The Construction Manager will be responsible for all aspects of the wireless construction project. This includes vendor selection, on-site management of trades and OEM installers and interaction with customer representatives. Qualified candidates will have 3-5 years of wireless telecom construction management and knowledge of Outside Plant Construction techniques (aeriel and underground) for small cell construction. Responsibilities for the Construction Manager
Requirements for the Construction Manager
- Oversee all construction processes and work collaboratively with project managers.
- Oversee and participate in vendor selection process.
- Visit the construction site often for bid and precon walks, progress visits, punch walks and close out.
- Understand budgets and be able to negotiate costs within scope.
- Problem solve any issues onsite pertaining to subcontractors, internal employees or other.
- 3-5 years of wireless construction management experience.
- High school diploma required.
- Must have a valid Driver's license for 20% local travel.
- Knowledge of Outside Plant Construction techniques for small cell construction
- Familiarity with test equipment and techniques for performing RF Sweep test, OTDR, Power Meter and Passive Intermodulation (PIM) testing for SCS.
- Understand NESC, NEC and OSHA standards.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.