Permanent position: Automotive plastics manufacturing Quality Engineer - well established and growing Automotive Tier 1 supplier is seeking experienced Quality Engineers for a direct hire career opportunities 30 miles north east of Nashville, TN. Candidates will work with customers to help launch new product runs and manage the on-going quality assurance to ensure quality specifications and production deliverables are met. Specific experience in injection molded plastic production a big plus.Responsibilities for the Quality Engineer
Requirements for the Quality Engineer
- Candidate will work with customers to help launch new product runs and manage the on-going quality assurance to ensure quality specifications and production deliverables are met.
- Support launch activities and advanced product quality planning activities including PPAP preparation, PFMEA's, Process Flows, and Control Plans
- Works with both Production and Engineering teams to design PFMEA's
- BS Technical degree a plus, but not required
- Understanding and experience with TS 16949 as well as ISO 14001 systems and processes
- 3+ years in a manufacturing quality role - specific experience working with an automotive supplier a plus
- Specific experience in injection molded plastic production a big plus.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in the FMEA methodologies
- Competitive base salary and bonus
- Relocation available for qualified candidates
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.