Permanent position: Inventory Specialist with solid experience working in a manufacturing environment. Well established industrial distributor of cutting tools is seeking an Inventory Specialist for a direct hire career opportunity based in south central Michigan. Candidate will work at the customer's two sites to help manage the inventory of specialty cutting tools, track tool usage using Excel & and other software applications, and purchase materials to maintain inventories as required. This is a customer facing role - candidate must have solid communication skills and a customer care mentality. Responsibilities for the Specialist
Requirements for the Specialist
- Candidate will work at a customer site manage the inventory of specialty cutting tools
- Track tool usage using Excel & and other software applications, and purchase materials to maintain inventories as required
- Monitor and track quality issues by supplier
- Previous experience working in a manufacturing environment required - any specific experience with or knowledge of CNC tooling a plus, but not required
- Tool crib or parts room experience a plus.
- Microsoft Office experience desired, with emphasis on Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Good people skills
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.