Permanent position: Multinational maker of automotive seating parts seeks a PRODUCT ENGINEER located in TROY, MI. The PRODUCT ENGINEER is responsible for design, development, test, and debug of seat comfort related components and assemblies, as well as creating test plans for validation and functional testing. IMEDIATE OPPORTUNITY WITH A WORLD CLASS ORGANIZATION! Responsibilities for the Product Engineer
Requirements for the Product Engineer
- Involved from concept inception through production launch of components and assemblies.
- Arrange, conduct and supervise testing to prove the design is viable.
- Assure that full validation test cycle is conducted to prove that the production parts meet the design specification.
- Direct and support material and design solutions to meet the functional requirements of the customer
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related field
- Product or Design Engineering experience with A Tier 1 automotive injection molder OR seat manufacturer highly desired
- Direct CAD experience and demonstrated CAD capabilities with direct Pro E or CATIA experience a plus.
- Detailed familiarity with automotive product development and project monitoring tools, including DFMEA, PFMEA, PPAP, APQP, QS9000, DFA, DFM, TS16949.
- The company provides a competitive salary and benefits package to include relocation assistance.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.