Permanent position: Multi-national manufacturer in the automotive industry seeks a CONTROLS ENGINEER ($85-95K / shift diff & bonus) for its B-Shift (10PM-6:40AM) manufacturing operations located in the Upstate (Greenville/Spartanburg) of South Carolina. The CONTROLS ENGINEER provides technical support for PLC, control, and upper-level systems within the Body-In-White department. Job keys: Siemens TIA, Profinet, frequency drives, TCP/IP, electrical schematics, 3+ years experience IMMEDIATE OPPORTUNITY WITH A WORLD CLASS ORGANIZATION! Responsibilities for the Controls Engineer
Requirements for the Controls Engineer
- Assists in develop / design standards and specifications for PLCs and control systems.
- Participates in cross-functional project teams supporting activities related to PLC's/ control systems..
- Develops solutions in automated processes using PLCs, control systems, and upper level systems
- BS degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering and 3+ years of software and controls engineering work experience in an equivalent manufacturing engineering role.
- 3+ years experience in programming/troubleshooting PLC application software for manufacturing processes (Siemens TIA Portal/S7 / STL / SCL preferred).
- 3+ years knowledge of automotive parts assembly or body in white processes pertaining to assigned parts and/or systems by module
- The company provides a comprehensive benefits package to include:Medical, prescription, dental and vision plans, Short-term and Long-term Disability benefits, Life Insurance / Shift-differential pay / Bonus plan, Savings Plan with 401K and Retirement Income Account, Tuition Reimbursement, Generous Relocation package.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.