Contract position: Global leader in medical device and pharmaceutical manufacturing has an immediate need for a Engineering Technician. Candidates should not have allergies to either Penicillin or Cephalosporin and must certify they do not have the allergy. Shift: Weekend 7:00 pm-7:00 am CDT Saturday and Sunday and then one evening during the week. Overtime will be available. Apply Now!Responsibilities for the Facilities Engineer
Requirements for the Facilities Engineer
- Responsible for providing mechanical, electrical, technical and troubleshooting support, performs maintenance and repairs to production machinery, water systems, compressed air, HVAC, and refrigeration equipment.
- Performs preventive and predictive maintenance as required, ensuring equipment availability.
- Performs troubleshooting of mechanical, pneumatic and electrical systems and machine control issues and equipment performance improvement projects.
- Perform all duties with a focus on optimizing safety, quality, service and cost.
- Trouble-shoots, repairs and maintains a wide range of equipment, such as: Robots, programmable logic controller (PLC) systems (Siemens, Allen Bradley, etc.), vision systems, photo eyes/sensors, limit switches, proximity switches, temperature controllers, variable speed drives, motors, servos, pneumatic systems, motor and machine controls, advanced electronics, ultrasonic and RF plastic welders, leak detection systems, and electrical systems up to 480v, 3ph.
- High School diploma or equivalent, AA Degree is preferred
- 5+ years recent and relevant experience in refrigeration skills, trouble-shooting, HVAC, mechanical aptitude.
- Must have experience with reading blueprints / wiring diagrams / basic electrical experience
- Previous experience in an GMP environment, strongly preferred
- Electrical knowledge and experience with AC/DC motors and drives, electrical systems up to 480V 3-phase, relays, switches, sensors, valves, and servo motors.
- Experience with Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS). Maximo preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.