Contract position: Engineering company has an immediate opening for an Assistant GIS Specialist/Analyst for a temp to possible perm opportunity in Kansas City MO. You will be expected to assist in developing, updating, analyzing, and managing GIS data for a wide variety of engineering & construction projects. Client prefers candidates that are local to Kansas City or are within a commutable distance.Responsibilities for the GIS Analyst
Requirements for the GIS Analyst
- Assist in GIS analysis, data development, data maintenance and data preparation for use in GIS applications
- Assist with GIS mapping and data collection tasks
- Work closely within functional teams to deliver GIS data and GIS services to clients, with a strong emphasis on teamwork, customer commitment, sense of urgency, and continuous improvement
- Utilize various software packages & information from various sources (MS Access databases, MS Excel spreadsheets and documents such as deeds, field notes etc.) to create GIS maps to support field personnel as well as for deliverables
- Assist with analyzing reports, drawings, and calculations; create and maintain BOM and cable schedule
- Strong understanding of design software such as: AutoCAD, GIS, and Excel to develop the design deliverables.
- Ability to utilize both 2D and 3D applications to prepare engineering drawings
- Experience with python or other programming languages
- Associate degree in drafting and design and five years related telecommunications/GIS experience or a bachelor's degree in drafting or related field and three years of related experience
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.