Permanent position: Our client is looking to hire a Mechanical Design Engineer for their team in the Southwest Suburbs of Chicago, IL. This Mechanical Design Engineer will work with minimal supervision and be responsible for the application of standard engineering principles and procedures in the design and development of new products or the modification of existing products for our client. This is a direct hire position and can start immediately.Responsibilities for the Mechanical Design Engineer
Requirements for the Mechanical Design Engineer
- Utilize knowledge of engineering design principles to generate sound designs that meet clients standard for innovative, reliable size reduction equipment.
- Define, develop, evaluate and verify designs to meet product requirements and cost targets by conducting design reviews and ensure proper objectives are established for the project by utilizing continuous improvement techniques.
- Responsible for new machine design and modification of existing products.
- Detail parts and create mechanical drawings, assembly prints and specifications that enable the production team to correctly fabricate and assemble all engineering output.
- Collaborate with the manufacturing team to turn these custom designs into actual products by selecting the most efficient methods and cost-effective materials available for use.
- Create step by step routing instruction processes necessary for manufacturing and inspection of the product.
- Supporting the entire project, including engineering, manufacturing and field commissioning.
- Participate on and lead corrective action teams as necessary to resolve product issues by performing root cause analysis and problem resolution related to assigned design responsibilities.
- Drive Continuous Improvement of all engineering processes through the implementation and practice of 5S/Lean Six Sigma methodologies.
- Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering is a must.
- 3+ years of mechanical design experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Must be proficient with SOLIDWORKS.
- Experience with database management tools such as PDM works is a plus.
- Must demonstrate a strong understanding of engineering fundamentals including: machine design, machining processes, tolerances, material substitutions/reconciliations, BOM / Item Masters, and GD&T.
- Strong desire to succeed as part of a team; interest in contributing to a positive company culture; willingness to persist until the job is done right for the customer.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, PTO, 401K.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.