Contract position: Pipeline Integrity Engineer needed for a leading energy company in the Chicagoland area. In this role you will use your engineering expertise to support a variety of pipeline projects throughout the US. Responsibilities for the Gas Transmission Engineer
Requirements for the Gas Transmission Engineer
- Analyze transmission pipeline data - identify High Consequence Areas, identify pipeline threats, prepare pre-assessment data, select appropriate assessment methods, review & integrate assessment data, recommend re-assessment intervals, and draft written post-assessment reports.
- Prepare excavation plans and technical exhibits to assist in permit acquisition for field assessment activities. Perform technical analysis to evaluate pipeline condition, root cause analysis, and fitness for service.
- Document all aspects of transmission pipeline integrity management plan. Organize and maintain pipeline data, assessment reports, technical documentation, procedures, and the basis for all TIMP decisions. Perform written plan updates and initiate plan changes as needed to maintain code compliance. Organize supporting documentation and plan for regulatory audits.
- Prepare technical requests for proposals for transmission pipeline integrity field services, evaluate vendor submittals, and recommend vendor selections.
- Administer contracts with 3rd party contractors. Perform quality audits of contractor work to ensure compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Identify needs for pipeline modifications (i.e. piggability retrofit) and coordinate with engineering to implement
- BS-Engineering in Civil, Mechanical, Metallurgical, or Materials
- 3+ years gas utility operations, engineering, or related experience
- Transmission pipeline integrity experience
- Contractor benefits available
- Contract to hire
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.