Permanent position: Privately held industry leading manufacturing company located in the Tucson Arizona area is currently in search for a Technical Program Manager who has a strong background in software engineering and embedded software development. This is the ideal opportunity for an experience electrical engineer who is looking to join a rapidly growing organization. Typical programs will be new product development (NPD), cost reduction or quality improvement of a complex nature (where, for example, a significant new technology platform must be brought into the company) or when multiple business units/customer types are needed. The Program Manager is expected to improve the companies process and take advantage of best industry practices. Responsibilities for the Program Manager
Requirements for the Program Manager
- Build professional relationships across the organization to seek council and improve ideas.
- Question conventional wisdom and be willing and able to speak to authority with poise and organized thoughts
- Ensure goals and key milestones are approved across business units and functions. The overriding priority is to maintain the program schedule
- Lead any necessary course corrections when things do not go as planned.
- Communicate program risks on an ongoing basis and that appropriate contingency plans are in place.
- Skills and experience developing electronics-based hardware products for the consumer market.
- Excellent interpersonal skills in communication, motivation, influence, and inspiration.
- Demonstrated experience with complex programs spanning research, marketing, engineering, and manufacturing.
- Analytical and objective; can deliver difficult messages clearly if plans go off-track.
- Drive for results and a demonstrated track record of success with new product development
- Program Management Professional certificate or at least 5 years' industrial experience in Program Management with a company having several hundred employees in high-volume consumer goods.
- High energy with an enthusiastic attitude, a desire for continued learning, and a willingness to take on difficult challenges in a variety of business areas
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university in electrical or mechanical engineering, chemical engineering, or computer science.
- Previous experience in the irrigation industry
- Graduate degree in a technical discipline
- Industry leading comprehensive benefits package which includes salary, bonus potential, health, dental vision, 401k match.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.