Permanent position: A prominent manufacturing plant in the Cleveland area is seeking an Engineering Manager. The Engineering Manager is responsible for process control and daily problem solving in the plant. The Engineering Manager will provide engineered solutions for plant process equipment and will direct the projects for the plant maintenance engineering department. Engineering Manager will also be responsible for initiating and supporting continuous improvement, Lean, and six sigma projects; Developing, installing, and upgrading production equipment; Providing coaching, direction, and technical support to the plant process engineering, and maintenance departments. Full company-paid relocation is provided. Responsibilities for the Engineering Manager
Requirements for the Engineering Manager
- Provide leadership and planning to the plant engineering maintenance department.
- Develop Lean initiatives for rubber manufacturing.
- Provide engineering support and expert advice to Lean teams.
- Improve environmental impact by reducing energy usage.
- Providing production equipment that is "safe" to operate, maintaining a "safe" working environment, and encouraging "safe" work practices
- Maintaining the reliability of production equipment
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Electrical Engineering or a closely related field.
- 2+ years' experience in a supervisory position
- Familiar with Lean and Continuous Improvements and Methodologies
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.