Contract position: A Technical Writer is needed for a company specializing in the production of medical supplies in the Oklahoma City, OK area. This role writes technical materials, such as equipment manuals, appendices, engineering reports, or operating and maintenance instructions. No per diem is available. Position is located in Oklahoma but manager is open to having this resource sit in Waltham. Oklahoma will be 15% travel and Waltham would be closer to 30%.Responsibilities for the Technical Writer
Requirements for the Technical Writer
- A typical technical writer is responsible for organizing, editing and maintaining technical records and files.
- Organize material and complete writing assignment according to set standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style and terminology.
- Maintain records and files of work and revisions.
- Confer with client to establish technical specifications and to determine subject material to be developed for publication.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science or English, journalism, communications.
- 2+ years experience required Experience in creating documentation for a technical audience.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.