Contract position: 2 Controls Engineers are needed for a manufacturing client located in the Bethlehem, PA area. Working with other Controls Engineers and Technicians this position will be responsible to program PLC and HMI packages as well as design and specify control system hardware and other related responsibilities. This is a contract position expected to last 6-9 months. Responsibilities for the Controls Engineer
Requirements for the Controls Engineer
- Work with other controls engineers and technicians on design decisions
- Provide support for contract/technical issues to project engineer
- Design and specify control system hardware
- Prepare functional descriptions for control system operations
- Program Allen-Bradley PLCs and HMI packages
- Support in-house systems testing of systems
- Perform other essential and peripheral duties as may be necessary
- BS degree in Electrical, Computer, or Control Engineering from an accredited university
- Approximately 5 or more years of programming experience with Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs) of Allen Bradley, specifically Control Logix and/or Compact Logix platforms
- Ability to read and understand electrical schematics
- Knowledge of machine principles and good mechanical aptitude.
- Good knowledge of the application of computers, Windows OS, etc.
- Good organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills, both verbal and written
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.