Permanent position: Our client is seeking a Senior Valve Engineer that will consult, design, test and innovate HVAC/R mechanical and electronic valve solutions for clients of every size; as well as lead projects and provide design expertise. Responsibilities for the HVAC Engineer
Requirements for the HVAC Engineer
- Work together with other engineers and R&D group to develop innovative designs for market
- Analyze HVAC and refrigeration systems and equipment when necessary to findinefficiencies or malfunctions and create solutions to optimize performance andincrease the efficiency of operation
- Support laboratory operations as directed by General Manager
- Consult on mechanical and electronic valve design for a wide range of projects for refrigeration and HVAC applications
- Communicate directly with customers to understand project requirements, goals, design specifications, and operational environments in order to evaluate cost, feasibility, and implementation of new HVAC and refrigeration valves
- Work with other engineers, project managers, and technical staff as needed to create and/or modify design parameters for diverse applications
- 12+ years of experience in mechanical and electronic valves in a variety of applications and refrigerants
- Doctorate or master's degree in Engineering (mechanical, electrical) preferred
- Understanding of heat transfer tools including enthalpy code testers, tube calorimeters and contact resistance test methods.
- Strong understanding of the operation and limitations of electronic and mechanical valves in HVAC/R systems using a variety of refrigerants
- Strong communication, customer focus and presentation skills
- Travel occasionally, occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand
- Comprehensive benefits
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.