Permanent position: Our client is hiring for an experienced Design & Development Engineer in Chicago, IL. This Design & Development Engineer will be responsible for developing custom product designs and innovation through 3D modeling and prototyping with short life-cycles. They must demonstrate expert level design software experience in a manufacturing setting. This is a direct hire opportunity, relocation is offered and can start immediately. Responsibilities for the Design Engineer
Requirements for the Design Engineer
- Take ownership of developing unique custom designs.
- Work collaboratively among the engineering team to learn all product lines.
- Must have a strong focus on product design and innovation, 3D modeling, and prototyping with short life-cycles.
- Apply creative thinking and analysis to develop unique, innovative concepts that meet or exceed customer requirements.
- Analyse risks and root out issues early in the design process, using various internal resources.
- Bachelors degree in Engineering or Industrial Design.
- 3D CAD software expertise required, SolidWorks preferred.
- 5-8 years of professional engineering work experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Team player, strong communicator and excellent organization skills.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Holiday pay, 401K.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.