Permanent position: An industry leading multinational manufacturer located in Charlotte, North Carolina is looking for a Controls Technician to join their team. This person will be responsible for the maintenance of the facility equipment as well as maintaining and supporting electrical systems for mechanical pneumatic systems, industrial automation, instrumentation and PLC control Systems. The hourly rate is commensurate with experience up to $32/hr plus great benefits. All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States.Responsibilities for the Controls Technician
Requirements for the Controls Technician
- Installation of electrical distribution systems, piping conduits, including emt, ridged, mc, flex and various cabling per NEC standards. This includes but not limited to, 120vac, 1ph and 480vac 3ph circuits.
- Maintenance and repair of liquid packaging equipment such as fillers, label applicators, printers and ultrasonic welders.
- Maintenance and repair of mixing equipment including but not limited to mixing vessels, transfer pumps, batching and associated piping systems.
- Troubleshooting, maintenance and repair of electrical A/C systems up to 480vac, 3 phase, D/C control circuits, and PLC systems and related equipment.
- At least 5 years of experience in a similar position.
- Knowledgeable in electrical, mechanical, pneumatics, instrumentation, equipment automation, machine and equipment maintenance and related systems are a must.
- Proficient use of electrical diagnostic tools is a must.
- Proficient installing, repairing and troubleshooting of A/C and D/C Circuits, control circuits and PLC control systems is a must.
- Must be able to read and interpret ladder logic programs. Must be able to read and interpret electrical schematics.
- Installation, maintenance, repair and calibration of instrumentation such as temperature sensors, mass flow meters and batching control systems.
- Up to $32/hr plus great benefits
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.