Permanent position: A prominent industrial capital equipment manufacturer is seeking a Field Service Technician. The technician will supervise the installation team for customer equipment installations. The Technician will also conduct analysis of mechanical equipment, motors, exciters, electromagnetic drive and control systems. The technician should be skilled in PLC troubleshooting. The candidate should be open to 30% travel primarily domestically with some international travel also. The company offers a team oriented culture, benefits, and growth opportunity. Responsibilities for the Field Service Technician
Requirements for the Field Service Technician
- Conduct analysis of mechanical equipment, motors, exciters, electromagnetic drives and control systems in the field to achieve optimum equipment performance
- Supervise installation teams
- Conduct formal and informal training on equipment and systems
- Develop and support preventive maintenance programs
- Identify challenges with equipment in the field and effectively communicate this information back to the engineering team to help implement process and design improvements
- Reside in the Chicago area
- Deductive reasoning to do troubleshooting and failure analysis required
- Proficient with A-B PLCs required. Siemens PLC experience a plus.
- Read and interpret machine blueprints and electronic/hydraulic schematics
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.