Permanent position: Established and growing manufacturer is looking to hire a promotable Manufacturing Engineer. This opportunity will be located in the Miami, Florida area. The ideal candidate will be bilingual (Spanish) and possess a BSME and have experience with plant layouts, drive CI, project management experience, managing machinery and plant equipment to add value to the company along with supervisory experience. This role comes with an excellent compensation plan commensurate with experience with a base salary ranging from $70k to $90k with a bonus opportunity and relocation assistance. All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. Responsibilities for the Manufacturing Engineer
Requirements for the Manufacturing Engineer
- Design and/or prepare drawings and specifications for new manufacturing equipment or modifications to existing equipment
- Investigate new manufacturing processes and technologies to improve safety, quality, reduce cost or to provide a competitive advantage
- Evaluate capital equipment investments and justify them and causes of manufacturing process problems and assist in resolving such problems
- Responsible for the planning, project management, purchasing, installing runoff and commissioning of manufacturing equipment and processes
- Bachelor's degree in engineering is required, preferably in mechanical engineering
- Bilingual in Spanish is required
- Supervisory experience is very helpful
- Proficient with Word, Excel, CAD etc.
- Knowledge of parts manufacturing equipment and processes, automated and manual assembly, tooling, die and fixture design
- Cost reduction, Lean manufacturing and tools such as: 5S, Value Stream Mapping, Standard Work, Pull Systems, Cellular Manufacturing, and Kaizen events
- All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
- Excellent compensation plan commensurate with experience with a base salary ranging from $70k to $90k plus bonus
- Relocation assistance is available
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.