Contract position: We are searching for a Material Planner to work for a leading manufacturing/aerospace company. This is a contract position expected to last 4 months and could be longer. Responsibilities for the Planner
Requirements for the Planner
- Anticipate and fulfill the needs of internal and external customers by coordinating the material flow with production order schedules in a proper sequence to ensure on-time delivery of customer orders.
- Schedule manufacturing and procurement of product to ensure on-time delivery, appropriate capacity utilization, and maintain appropriate levels of inventory.
- Maintain MRP action message count within approved levels.
- Schedule/initiate subassembly and subcontract material procurement while providing support through expediting efforts.
- Analyze MRP to determine if proper inventory levels are being maintained to support customer requirements for on-time delivery.
- Monitor inventory transactions to assure material is being processed in an accurate and timely manner. Identify and communicate potential delays and/or problems to internal and external customers which may impede finished goods delivery.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution required.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in material planning or related manufacturing experience (such as Team Lead, Group Lead, High-Performance Work Team member).
- Lean / Continuous Improvement experience is preferred
- APICS CPIM certification highly desirable
- All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- This position requires a background check, drug screen, employment verification, and education verification
- Medical, Dental, PTO, etc.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.