Contract position: Client involved various fiber network design projects, is looking for a Fiber Network Designer with 5-10 years of experience to eventually become the Lead Designer. This position will start out as contract with the potential to transition to direct hire.Responsibilities for the Designer
Requirements for the Designer
- Work on an integrated design team and design various types of fiber networks such as Fiber to the Home (FTTH) , Inside Plant (ISP) and Outside Plant (OSP).
- Assist with a full range of drawing production work including problem analysis, fiber network topology layout, fiber splice plans, cable duct and routing, and calculations on non-routine assignments of substantial variety and complexity
- Provide engineering and construction support for projects
- Assist with a variety of assignments using prescribed methods and standard techniques including drawing sequence and presentation, sizing various system components and cables, and refining rough sketches
- Assist with initial rough designs or sketches and redlines or mark-ups on ongoing projects
- Assist with analyzing reports, drawings, and calculations; create and maintain BOM, fiber splice/pull box design and cable schedules
- Work closely with engineering project teams and field personnel to complete and review projects within scope, budget and schedule
- Incorporate schedules, budgets and project criteria into physical design and layouts
- Organize and maintain all revisions of project drawings, plot files and project-related information in a logical and well-structured manner
- 5-10 years of experience as a Fiber Network Designer
- Experience as a Fiber Network Designer with a focus on Ouside Plant (OSP) networks is needed.
- And experience designing Fiber to the Home (FTTH) or Inside Plant (ISP) networks is a PLUS.
- You must be proficient with AutoCAD and ArcGIS software
- Our client prefers candidates that have an AS Degree in drafting technology or related field but will accept candidates without
- Ability to utilize both 2D and 3D applications to prepare engineering drawings is preferred
- Any experience in Autodesk Revit, Bentley Substation, and/or AutoCAD Electrical is a PLUS
- Working knowledge in various fiber product types and uses, conduit routing, aerial and buried fiber routing, and fiber components and equipment
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.