Designer

  • location: Chesterfield, MO
  • type: Temp to Perm
  • salary: $25 - $35 per hour
easy apply

job description

Designer

Contract position: Engineering client is looking for a Civil/Structural Drafter/Designer to join their team in Chesterfield, MO. You will be part of a team that works on exciting large scale projects. This is a Temp to Perm opportunity.

Responsibilities for the Designer
  • Develop detailed layouts and details using acquired knowledge of fundamental concepts and practices pertaining to the structural discipline
  • Produce complete plans from limited verbal or written description from registered professional Engineers
  • Responsible for the set-up of discipline specific drawings at project start-up
  • Support Structural Engineers in performing CAD detail work and modelling for building projects
  • Create details for supporting buildings and mechanical equipment (primarily structural steel and concrete modelling)
  • Use AutoCAD roughly 70% of the time and REVIT the other 30%
Requirements for the Designer

  • 3-7 years of drafting experience supporting civil or structural designs
  • You need to be proficient with AutoCAD software
  • You also need experience with either REVIT or ACAD Plant 3D software
  • You need experience with steel design & modelling as well as concrete and re-bar detailing
  • Create details for steel connections and equipment supports
  • Prior experience in structural steel shop drawings would be a plus
  • You need an AS or BS in Drafting Technology or related field or a CAD certification
  • Civil/structural plans and general drawing organization & revision control
  • You will work 80-90% in office and the other 10-20% in the field
  • Any experience with RISA, STAAD, or REVIT-MEP would be a plus
Benefits

    Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.

    easy apply

    get jobs in your inbox.

    sign up
    {{returnMsg}}

    related jobs

      Electrical Designer

    • location: Saint Louis, MO
    • job type: Contract
    • salary: $21.42 - $28.57 per hour
    • date posted: 7/31/2019

      Electrical Designer

    • location: Saint Louis, MO
    • job type: Contract
    • salary: $36.71 - $45.67 per hour
    • date posted: 9/13/2019

      Drafter

    • location: Saint Charles, MO
    • job type: Permanent
    • salary: $60,000 - $80,000 per year
    • date posted: 6/28/2019