Contract position: Engineering client involved in engineering & construction projects is looking for a Drafter or Designer for a 6+ month contract to hire assignment in Minneapolis, MN. This role is responsible for creating and revising detailed drawings specifically for fire protection systems. Candidates must be local or able to reliably commute to Minneapolis, MN.Responsibilities for the Drafter
Requirements for the Drafter
- You will provide technical drafting and design support for the creation of construction documents for many fire and life safety systems (sprinkler, foam suppression, water spary, fire suppression, fire pumps, building fire alarms, etc...) for comercial and industrial buildings
- Produce construction drawings using AutoCAD, AutoCAD MEP, Microstation, Smart Plant, PDS, and Revit
- Work alongside engineering team and clients to ensure fire suppression systems are in line with project specifications.
- Oversee drafting and design of fire suppression, fire alarm, smoke evacuation, and life safety systems.
- Prepares non-routine drawings with complex features using information from rough sketches, detailed engineering notes or brief verbal guidance
- The ideal candidate has 1-5 years of relevant experience
- You must have an AS or BS degree in drafting technology
- AutoCAD or Revit experience is required
- Experience with or a willingness to learn Microstation, SmartPlant, SprinkCAD, and Navisworks is needed
- NICET certification in Fire Alarm, Fire Suppression, and/or Special Hazards is desirable.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.